When a Friend Steps Out
I got this on Face book from a student and dear friend:
I just need even the tiniest bit of advice if you have a couple spare minutes (which trust me I know are precious!) . . . .
One of my “friends”, who I’ve been really close to for the past few years, just decided today that she’s done with the friendship in a really yuck-o way. I’m trying to stay clear, and not get corded in with her, and all that, but, Sister, it is so hard! Nasty emails, messages, nasty energy coming this way.
I know that as we evolve, some people will come with us, and some will fall out of our lives, but when you’re in the middle of it, it seems so hard to stay in that clear, centered space.
Here was my response:
Hi my Sister,
Awwwww, Super-mom, my stomach dropped when I read this.
I feel for ya, Sister.
I know how that feels and it’s the worst feeling (well, one of the worst).
Here are my two cents–take what you want and leave the rest, as always. Whatever resonates, tuck in your pocket, and let the rest go.
1. I love you tons and am sending you light because I know it’s challenging. You are a primarily Spiritual being, but you are also human, and the human part of you feels hurt, betrayed, sad, confused, angry, fearful, and more. I know. So my light will help soothe that a bit I hope.
2. I got an immediate hit on this situation after reading your note, not knowing her at all, but being super-intuitive.
Girl, it was time for her to move on–to “get off the bus” as I like to say. As you move up the emotional scale and evolve and grow (as you are doing BEAUTIFULLY I might add), people will “get off the bus” and people will “get on the bus.”
Sometimes (often times) it’s because your light is so bright that they cannot handle it. So they need to create drama to attempt to darken it/you.
But that’s impossible! Because you are TOO SHINY Sister.
They also need to move away from you/the light, possibly b/c they feel dark/not “enough” next to it/you. They don’t understand abundance, and live instead thinking there are limited resources and light. When you and I know that the Universe is all about abundance instead of scarcity.
Although it’s sometimes painful when people get off the bus, knowing these things can help ease the pain/the sting/the fear/the confusion/anger/hurt/etc:
– It’s just the path and this moment is as it should be.
––No one ever really leaves your life (she’ll always be with you and you with her, in some way–even if not physically and in the standard “friendship way”)
–THE BEST PEOPLE EVER who RESONATE WITH YOU and ARE VIBRATING AT YOUR VIBRATION will get on the bus to “replace” her/the others that step off.
–It’s all lined up perfectly.
–Your Spirit created this in order to learn and grow. So ask your Spirit: “What’s the lesson here? What do I need to learn? What do I need to do differently?”
–You can also tell your Spirit/the Universe: “I choose to grow through joy.” (As opposed to “I am done with this pattern of going through pain to learn…”, because you always want to ask for things using a positive, not a negative––i.e. you want to say “I am healthy,” not “I am not sick” since the Universe doesn’t see the negative and so only sees “I am sick.”
–Remember that you are so loved and you ARE love. You are light. You are love. You are divinely protected and guided.
–And you ROCK! That’s my unbiased opinion.
3. Girl, she’s sending you nasty emails, messages, and energy?! Enough said. You don’t want that toxicity in your life and around your child. I know it’s more complicated than that, it seems, but actually, it’s not. I’m on the “outside” so I can see it clearly.
4. Did I mention I think she’s jealous? That’s my hit. Another flavor of the whole “scarcity” thing.
5. Although it’s so challenging, when you feel all the negative emotions and hurt, send her LIGHT. Send her light from your heart to hers. And release the whole situation.
6. Say this mantra/prayer:
“Universe, please move the obsessive/fearful/painful thought pattern out of my body, mind, and Spirit about (fill in the blank). It’s a Universal Principal. If I ask it to leave my body, mind, and Spirit it must leave my body, mind, and Spirit right now. And please replace it instead with your creative, divine, energy, joy, light, love, wisdom, clarity, and guidance. Thank you. Namaste.”
Say this as often as you need to until it does leave. And it will.
7. I love you!
Xo and keep me posted on this, k?
Supermom plus 5
We’ve all had people “get off the bus,” and it’s almost never “easy.”
Even when it’s “the right thing,” there is usually pain.
But we can learn how to see this type of situation from a place of growth and positivity.
We can learn how to send the person light (and mean it), and let go of negativity about the situation.
And ultimately, find growth and inner peace.
As our Spirit intended.